Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I smell Christmas!

I was cutting out a coupon when my dh (Walt) asked if I was cutting out paper dolls.  No, but what a leap it was when my mind immediately went to the Compendium challenge and a gingerbread boy (Sizzix die) cut from grungeboard was baked!   One never knows where the mind will travel if allowed to roam freely!  :)   

Doesn't he look like he's just popped out of the oven?  Thanks to Tim's Distress Crackle technique he does!  White Enamel Accents makes great icing.  The chipboard letter 'G' also got the DC treatment.  I did edge both pieces with a slightly darker ink for more dimension.  The boy has grungeboard layers under him so he's not directly on the tag.


The scrapbook papers were adhered to the tag then cut to size and distressed.  Ditto for the ribbon.  I photocopied a Gingerbread Cutout recipe, distressed it with my fingers and ink and placed it behind the boy.  Buttons in holiday colors were stacked and tied with stained twine add just the right touch.

Mmmmm...if it wasn't so blasted hot I'd be tempted to fire up the oven and make some gingerbread cookies!

7 comments:

  1. I love gingerbread boy!! The background papers are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Great layout and sooo creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout especially putting the recipe in as well. Brilliant. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so creative! I can almost smell Christmas also! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just loving the style of your tag! That gingerbread boy is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Susan, how cute! He really DOES look like a gingerbread cookie, fresh and crackled from the oven! Great use of the technique, and of that awesome Enamel Accents product, too. And how totally clever to add the recipe. I think you've got a fabulous template for your holiday cards this year-- anyone would love this! I certainly do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stupendous idea, Susan! Just love it! And yeah, he looks good enough to eat! lol! Great idea to use the white enamel accents as icing, looks like the real thing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete