Saturday, June 14, 2014

Another college grad in the family

One of my nephews is graduating from Drexel University today with a master's degree in public health.  I wanted something unique and thought about Dr. Seuss and his words of wisdom. 
card front

coordinating envelope

On white cardstock I used Tim's new Arrows Stencil and Mustard Seed Distress ink.  I computer-generated the words onto that 'new' card stock.  I cut it down to the size and shape then backed it with black.  Of course I didn't have yellow card stock but Mustard Seed Distress Ink smeared on white cardstock works perfectly!  I punched out the dragon (EKSuccess Paper Shaper) and put some foam tape snippets on the back to make it stand out.  The year was die cut from the same 'new' card stock using Tim's Typeset decorative strip die.

I still had ink on the stencil so I misted it and placed it on the envelope.  Cool, huh!?!??  I have covered the envelope with Judikins MicroGlaze to protect the ink from running.  That would NOT be cool!

I love what Dr. Seuss wrote and can see using them again but creating a rebus.  Wouldn't that be fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment