Friday, November 18, 2011

Do you believe?

I don't know about you but I often find myself referring to Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas for inspiration.  If not the technique, then his choice of colors or perhaps the items he used or the way he's placed them are good jumping off points when my mojo has taken a hike.  And fortunately Linda, who's hosting the Grungy Monday challenges, must feel the same way because she's done back-to-back themes from past tags.  This week we go back in time to one of the first tags Tim created, Day 6 from 2007.

#11 tag
Ranger:  Broken China distress ink refill; Pewter Perfect Pearls; Iced Spruce, Weathered Wood, Black Soot, Mustard Seed distress inks;

Tim Holtz:  snowman mask, Santa with reindeer mask; mini snowflakes, pine tree dies; kraft core core'dinations cardstock; pine trees, December calendar and 'believe' stamps; Christmas charm; grungeboard; pocketwatches embossing folder

Misc.:  SnowTex by DecoArt; 1 3/8" circle punch, Judikins mask paper, ribbon, wire hook


An 'aha' moment...Iced Spruce makes a great shadow color...just enough dark gray to be there but not stand out

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag, Susan. Love your snow. I believe, I believe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the winter scene you've created and the way you've used Iced Spruce to shadow stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan! Did you check out Simon Says Blog? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, huge congrats on your win! I'm so happy for you! Your tag is just stunning, and such a perfect example of this tag technique!

    ReplyDelete